Questions regarding this language?
Aug 3 05:08
Hi, this programming language looks very interesting but I have a few questions regarding this project:
1. Is this a compiled language?
2. Is this language as low level as [Rust](https://www.rust-lang.org) and C?
3. What are the upsides and downsides of using this language in comparison to Rust?
4. Does th
is language have a borrow checker like Rust does?
5. Is this language a statically typed language, for example during compile time the compiler has to know the variable's data type?
6. Is this in its stable form this language?
7. I heard that you can translate C code into V code and with C++ it is experiental. Does it also support translating Arduino C++ code into
Aug 3 05:09
I apologise to some of the text that appears to have been cut off. I am not too sure why this happened.
Aug 3 23:45
I'd highly recommend reading the language's <a href="https://vlang.io/">website</a>. Most; if not all, of your questions are answered there.
2. Yes, but will have automatic mem management
3. See site
4. See Site
5. Yes, but see site
6. NO, the language is about to reach 0.2 which is when most of the feat
ures will become stable.
7. Automatic translating is disabled until after 0.2 is launched. C interop (and c++ that exports c-compatible code)
Log in via GitHub to comment
, open-source blogging/forum software written in V